- Job posting - Executive Director
- Little McCoy Island permanently protected by the GBLT
- GBLT 20/20 Vision: A Look Ahead
- Some Birds Doing Well; Some Not so Well
- Environmental Concerns of Dock Flotation Debris
- Stewarding Your Own Cottage Property
- Frogs of Georgian Bay: Ancient and Amazing!
- The GBLT has moved!
- Bathymetry of Lake Huron
New Baby Loon
We had a new baby loon this summer!! It was very exciting. We have a loon raft in the back bay near Fairies Dancing. I first noticed the loon nest when I was kayaking around the bay. At first I thought it was an empty nest but I soon realized that we had one HUGE beautiful loon egg! How wonderful! I visited the loon raft for well over a week. I saw the loons out swimming and not too much was happening. One day when I kayaked too close to the raft, the loon appeared from no where and made it perfectly clear that I was not wanted and to please leave at once! Which I did....Share a story